In mere seconds, an accident can change the course of your life. If you’ve been involved in an accident or incident you believe to be someone else’s fault, a Bronzeville personal injury lawyer from Thomas Law Offices can help.
Our attorneys believe accident victims have the right to compensation for their losses. We represent victims who have been in all types of accidents, and we’re prepared to take your case on next. To get an idea of what you could be facing, let’s look at common types of claims and what you can expect when moving forward with the claims process.
Personal Injury Accidents and Claims in Bronzeville
There are a number of accidents associated with personal injury claims. If you’re looking to hold a negligent person or entity accountable for your injuries and losses, you may have been involved in one of the following situations:
- Car Accidents. It only takes a moment for a car accident to completely upend your life. If you’ve been hurt and someone else is to blame, you can see compensation for your losses.
- Truck Accidents. Tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, 18-wheelers, and other big rigs have the potential to cause serious or even fatal accidents. If you or someone you know was injured in a truck accident, the trucker or trucking company might be responsible.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When a motorcyclist is injured in a crash, their injuries may be severe. If another vehicle caused your crash, we can help.
- Nursing Home Abuse. When we place our loved ones in a nursing home, we expect the facility to provide them with the care they need to live a high-quality life. When abuse or neglect happens, legal action can be taken.
- Medical Malpractice. Doctors are supposed to abide by a certain standard of care when they practice medicine. If a physician or other medical professional has injured you, malpractice could have been at play.
- Birth Injury. The last thing a new mother expects on the day she gives birth is for her baby to be injured by the medical staff, who are supposed to ensure everyone is safe. Negligence hospital staff should be held accountable for injuries.
- Brain Injury. Brain injuries vary in severity. A person could experience minor memory loss that returns or lose motor functions and other abilities. Medical care is often expensive and can be required for years.
- Spinal Cord Injury. A spinal cord injury can affect the rest of a person’s life—especially if they’ve sustained any degree of paralysis. Depending on the circumstances and how the injury occurred, you may be able to file a claim.
- Premises Liability. Property owners are responsible for ensuring their homes and businesses are safe for visitors. If you get hurt on public or private property, you may be able to file a claim.
- Slip and Falls. When a person fails to keep their property clean, visitors could be at risk of falling. Falls can lead to broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and head trauma.
- Construction Accidents. Some careers are more dangerous than others. If you work in construction, you could be at risk for falling, crush injuries, and more.
- Product Liability. Product manufacturers, distributors, and sellers are responsible for ensuring what is put out on the market for consumers is safe and has any needed warning labels. When a dangerous product harms a consumer or consumers, the at-fault company should be held responsible.
- Wrongful Death. If you’ve lost a loved one in one of the accidents discussed above, your family may be eligible for wrongful death benefits. While our attorneys recognize the challenges of seeking recovery after the passing of a loved one, we’re here to help.
- Sexual Assault. Victims of sexual assault deserve the chance to hold their attacker accountable. No matter what your situation is, we’re prepared to represent you.
- Social Security Disability. If you’ve been injured and are seeking benefits from the federal government, it’s important to file a strong Social Security disability claim. To ensure you receive the proper benefits, you’ll want to consider working with an attorney.
What to Expect When Your File an Injury Claim
If you’ve been injured in an accident and believe someone else is to blame, a personal injury attorney can help you determine if you have grounds to take legal action. Your ability to do so, and to seek compensation, will be based on the accident, who caused it, and what you’ve lost as a result.
When you first reach out to Thomas Law Offices, we’ll schedule a free case evaluation to give you a better idea of your legal rights and options. If you choose to pursue a claim, we’ll start investigating what you’ve been through, collect applicable documents, and start building your claim.
Most personal injury claims are based on the concept of negligence. To prove negligence, you have to establish that the allegedly at-fault party owed you a duty of care, they breached that duty, you were injured, and you suffered financial and noneconomic losses because of your injuries. Depending on the situation, we may need to call on expert witnesses to support your claim.
Once negligence has been established, it’s time to seek monetary recovery. For most personal injury cases, compensation can be economic and noneconomic. Economic damages cover losses like medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. Noneconomic damages are for more subjective losses like pain and suffering. No matter what you’ve lost, your Bronzeville injury attorney will accurately value your claim and ensure you are on the best path to recovery.
While most personal injury claims settle after negotiations, this doesn’t always happen. In the event negotiations are not going well and you feel it will be impossible to receive full and fair compensation, you have the option to pursue a lawsuit in court. While going to trial will extend the length of time it takes to resolve your case, an official verdict from a judge or jury could be the only way you receive the money you need to get your life back in order.
The Bronzeville District in Chicago
Only ten minutes south of downtown Chicago, Bronzeville is a culturally diverse area known for its African American culture and housing development. The hub of the neighborhood is 47th Street, where you’ll find access to local restaurants, public transportation, and more.
Thomas Law Offices is proud to represent the injured in Bronzeville. We understand how challenging it can be to find the right attorney for your claim, and we know we have the skills and resources to provide you with strong, reliable legal guidance.
Contact Thomas Law Offices
No matter what you’re dealing with after an accident, it’s important to know what a Bronzeville personal injury lawyer from Thomas Law Offices in Chicago can help. We are well aware of the laws and regulations that could affect your claim, and we’re prepared to provide you with strong legal representation so you get what you need to recover. To learn more, contact us today.