Accidents can happen anytime a person acts negligently. When they do this, they can injure innocent people. Broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and sprains are all possible injuries that can require medical care and result in missing work. The costs of injuries, the time needed to recover, and learning to live with the injury can be overwhelming to anyone. That’s where a Kansas City personal injury lawyer from Thomas Law Offices can help.
Thomas Law Offices is here for you. Our lawyers understand how difficult it can be to have to deal with injuries and a legal matter at the same time. We’ll help you go through the legal process and will fight for you to get the justice you deserve.
The Importance of Having a Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyer at Your Side
When you’re seeking compensation for an injury that wasn’t your fault, the best way to maximize your compensation is to have an experienced Kansas City personal injury attorney at your side. The lawyers at Thomas Law Offices always fight for their clients’ rights. We’ll be at your side every step of the way.
A lawyer can help you handle the insurance company and we know that you may not be aware of the damages you’re eligible to recover immediately after the accident. Often after an accident occurs, you may be contacted by an insurance adjuster. Their job is to assess the situation and offer you a settlement. They want to resolve the matter as quickly as possible, but keep in mind they’re protecting their bottom line. The settlement amount they offer may seem like a smart deal, but you may be eligible for more.
Your personal injury attorney will take all the information into account when seeking the proper compensation amount for you. This means waiting to see the full extent of your injuries. After an accident, the shock of what happened can mask symptoms, so you may experience symptoms days or weeks after the accident occurred. When you have a full medical evaluation of your injuries, a treatment plan, and an idea of what your recovery will cost and how long it will take, then your lawyer will be able to look into the monetary damages of your accident.
We’ll also take your time away from work and property damage into account as well. Missing multiple days of work while balancing living expenses and medical expenses can cause financial instability. We’ll calculate the wages you lost because of the accident and fight for you to recover those losses. If your property was damaged, you can recover the costs of repair.
When you have a Kansas City personal injury lawyer at your side, you’ll know that we’re going to work diligently to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions and to fight for you no matter what.
Our Lawyers Have Expertise in Many Areas of Personal Injury Law
Someone’s negligent actions can cause an accident in nearly any situation. Our lawyers provide legal representation for the various types of personal injury cases. Here are some common personal injury areas that may include your case:
- Car Accidents. A negligent motorist could be distracted and looking at their phone, drunk, or could be ignoring traffic laws and cause a serious accident. When another driver caused your accident, having an experienced Kansas City car accident lawyer at your side will help you get the compensation you need.
- Truck Accidents. Big rigs, 18 wheelers, and commercial trucks can cause devastating accidents and injuries. It’s important to have an attorney on your side who can determine who was liable for the accident and to fight for you to recover the damages with a truck accident claim.
- Nursing Home Abuse. When your loved one is harmed in their nursing home, you can take legal action against them. Filing a nursing home abuse claim with a personal injury lawyer at your side will give you peace of mind that everything is done properly and on time.
- Medical Malpractice. We rarely expect a medical professional to cause more harm when we go to them to treat an injury or illness, but this can happen if they act negligently. While these cases can be incredibly complex, having a medical malpractice lawyer in Kansas City from Thomas Law Offices can help you get justice.
- Wrongful Death. If a loved one lost their life because of someone else’s negligence, our lawyers can help you get justice for them.
- Birth Injury. Mistakes during the delivery process can cause permanent injuries. We can help you hold the negligent party accountable.
- Brain Injury. These injuries can have long-term consequences and require years of medical treatment. You deserve compensation that will cover those expenses.
- Mesothelioma. This diagnosis can be devastating. We’ll fight for you to get compensation to cover the costs of care and other damages.
- Product Liability. Dangerous products that malfunction can injure you or other loved ones. We’ll help in any way we can.
- Premises Liability. If someone is hurt because of dangers on the property, they can seek compensation for their injuries.
- Construction Accidents. When a construction accident occurs due to negligence, our personal injury attorneys will represent your best interests.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcyclists can sustain severe injuries in an accident. We can represent you and fight for your rights.
- Uber Accidents. Many people use rideshare services as transportation. An accident involving an Uber can be difficult when you’re trying to find out who was at fault. We will investigate the crash and find out who caused it and help you recover the damages.
- Lyft Accidents. Our lawyers can also investigate rideshare accidents involving Lyft.
- Electric Rental Scooter Accidents. While e-scooters can be a quick way to navigate a city, they can also cause serious injuries after an accident. We’re here to help.
While there are different areas of personal injury, there are similarities in how we can get you full and fair compensation. First, our lawyers will investigate to establish if the other party owed you a duty of care. When they acted negligently, they failed to meet the duty of care. We’ll gather evidence to show that their negligence harmed you.
If you don’t recognize your case above, that’s okay. Personal injury covers many types of cases. To learn more about your potential case, you should reach out to a Kansas City personal injury lawyer from our firm. We’ll be able to review the facts of your case and determine if you’re eligible to recover damages.
Providing Legal Services to the Citizens of Kansas City
Thomas Law Offices is proud to serve Kansas City, MO. With a thriving culture that celebrates jazz, barbecue, a lively arts district, and rich history, we want to join the legacy of Kansas City providing so much to those that live and visit here.
When an accident happens, you’re probably wondering how long the process will be until you’re back on your feet again. We’re here to make sure that your recovery allows you to have the financial stability you need so you can cover the physical and emotional damages of the accident.
When our lawyers are at your side, we’re not going to be intimidated by the other side or allow you to get less compensation than you deserve. We’ll go over your case, your options, and what you can expect. Our lawyers are diligent, organized, and will make sure your case gets the individual attention it deserves.
Seek Counsel From Thomas Law Offices
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, our lawyers can help you get justice. It’s important to seek help as quickly as possible because personal injury claims often have a time limit, called a statute of limitations. If you file outside of the statute of limitations, you may be ineligible for compensation. Our lawyers will know the laws that apply to your case and make sure you meet the necessary deadlines.
Start seeking your legal options today and contact our office. You can schedule an obligation-free consultation with a Kansas City personal injury lawyer and we can find the best way for you to move forward.