Thomas Law Offices, a personal injury law firm in Louisville, Kentucky, is offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or plan to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming fall/spring semester. The rising costs of education are continuing to be a hardship many students struggle to overcome. Our Louisville personal injury lawyers believe that by helping students overcome those struggles, our world can become a brighter place for future generations. This scholarship gives us an opportunity to do just that.
We first started the scholarship in 2016.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2018. Applications are due by Sunday, July 15, 2018.
The next open submission period will be for Fall 2019.
Scholarship Details and Guidelines
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any college or graduate school in the United States.
- All applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead—from that college.
- All applications for the current semester are due by Sunday, July 15, 2018.
To apply, you’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
If you could do one thing to help reverse the opioid epidemic in the U.S., what would it be?
Once the application period closes, Thomas Law Offices will determine a winner based on the following factors: feasibility, originality, creativity, and the applicant’s level of knowledge in the topic as well as their ability to write a well-crafted essay. We aren’t necessarily looking for an “A”-grade essay from an English or law student, but rather an essay that explores the topic uniquely.
By submitting your essay to us, you agree that your essay may be featured on our blog. We will publish the winning essay as well as a couple of the top contenders. Published essays may appear with minor edits in place.
- To submit your application and essay, email us the completed essay, a digital copy of the acceptance letter from your college or graduate school verifying your first-year status, and some brief information about yourself to email@example.com.
- In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. Feel free to include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part doesn’t need to be very long or detailed.
- The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us.
- Your subject line in your email MUST read: “NAME Fall 2018 Scholarship”.
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your applications!