Car accidents can cause injuries with different severity levels. When you’ve suffered injuries and damages from an auto wreck in Ohio that wasn’t your fault, you’ll need to know what documents will be required to file a car accident claim against the driver or party who was at fault for the collision. Having the proper documents gives your lawyer the information they need to calculate the cost of your damages and provide proof.
A Cincinnati car accident lawyer from Thomas Law Offices will support you through your claim and help you gather all of the documents you need for a successful case. We will thoroughly investigate what happened to determine who was at fault and what a fair settlement amount would be for you. You deserve justice, and we will ensure you get that.
Documents to Gather for Your Claim
When you’re filing a car accident claim, you’ll want to be sure that you have all the information you need to have a strong, successful case. The more documentation you can compile that proves what happened, who was at fault, and the injuries you suffered, the better your chances are of receiving justice.
Your Cincinnati car accident lawyer will do their research to get all the documentation they can find for your accident claim. Here are the key court documents you’ll need for a car accident claim in Ohio:
- Police report. One of the first things you should do after getting into a collision is to call the police to inspect the scene and file a police report. In that report, they’ll have the names and vehicle details of everyone involved, a description of the scene, notes of damages and conditions, interviews with you and other witnesses, and their determination of who was at fault. This could help your case if they found the other party to be responsible for the accident.
- Photographs of the scene. If you were able to after the crash, taking pictures at the scene can help you later in your claim. Photos of your car, the other vehicles involved, any damages, your injuries, the weather conditions, roadways, and any other important objects that contributed to your wreck can help establish what happened and who was responsible.
- Medical bills. When the accident involves an injury to you, you’ll need your medical bills to prove you were seen for injuries directly following the accident. Any statements from visiting a hospital, your primary care doctor, physical therapy, emotional therapy, or any other specialists will be necessary to your case.
- Doctors’ notes. On top of the bills, it can be helpful to include doctors’ notes about your injuries, treatment plans, and visit schedules. If your records show that you’ve been following treatment plans and keeping all of your scheduled visits, that could help your case.
- Medication costs. Having records that you’ve refilled your prescriptions shows that you are making strides toward recovery and proves that you could still be in pain or still recovering from the injury that you suffered in the accident.
- Repair bills. Any costs incurred in damages to your vehicle or other property in the crash determine what a fair settlement amount would be for you. It also proves the severity of the accident and can help show who was at fault.
- Insurance reports. You most likely filed a claim with your insurance after the accident, and your report from your insurance company can be beneficial documentation for your claim.
- Lost wages. When your injuries keep you from going back to work, pay stubs showing your lost wages will help establish the severity of your injuries, the impact of the accident on your life, and how much you deserve in your settlement.
- Witness statements. Getting information from other people who witnessed your accident can help you with your claim. If they are willing, they could act as witnesses in your claim and help determine who was truly at fault for your accident.
Our Cincinnati Car Accident Lawyer Will Represent You
When you’ve been in a car crash, you’ll want to hire a lawyer who knows what documents you should have to file a strong car accident claim. Our Cincinnati car accident lawyer can guide you through the claims process and ensure that we build the strongest case possible so that you have a better chance of getting the justice you deserve.
With Thomas Law Offices by your side, you can feel confident that the at-fault party will be held responsible for their negligence and that you will get a full and fair settlement. Reach out to us today so that we can get started on your claim right away.