A car accident can turn your life upside down. There’s the trauma of the accident, dealing with the injuries, property damage, and how you’re going to move forward. You’re probably already thinking about the claims process and how to proceed with filing a car accident claim with your insurance company. If you’ve been injured in a car crash in the state of Ohio, the best way to protect your rights is with a Cincinnati car accident lawyer from Thomas Law Offices.
While you may want to handle the case as quickly as possible, this may not be in your best interest. You may not know the full extent of your injuries. You also don’t want the insurance company to undercut how the injuries are affecting your life like work and daily activities. Rushing through your claim could leave you with an unfavorable settlement, meaning that your compensation won’t cover the expenses of your injuries. It takes time to get a result with a car accident claim that will work for you. It may not be your preferred way of dealing with things, but allowing your attorney to fight for your rights is the best option for you.
What Affects the Time It Takes to Settle Your Claim?
It’s important to have realistic expectations about the time it will take for your car accident claim to be settled. Knowing what factors determine the length of the claim will help you get a clearer idea of what to expect.
- Your Injuries. Your settlement shouldn’t happen until you’ve made a full recovery or have recovered as much as possible and know the extent of your injuries and treatment for the future. This could take up to more than six months. But this is how you know how much your medical expenses total. Settling before this could leave a large portion of that out.
- Medical Records. Your lawyer will need to obtain your medical records to track what you went through as a result of your injuries. This could also contain information about your doctor’s professional opinions about your injuries and recovery.
- Your Case. The length of your case settlement could also be determined by the identity of the other party. It could take longer if they were a trucking company or a government entity.
- Fault Percentage. It will also take time to determine liability in your case. Even if you were clearly not at fault, the other party may try to put some of the fault on you. Comparative liability cases can be tricky, so your lawyer will want to take all measures to show that you were not at fault.
- When you file a car accident injury lawsuit, you should know what it entails. These processes can be lengthy, because both sides need to have time to get their information together, give depositions, and also find expert witnesses for their case. If this case isn’t able to be settled with mediation, then there will be a trial.
Facing a claim may feel like you’re looking down a road without an end, but having lawyer at your side will help you protect your best interests at every step of the way. These types of matters take time and it will be worth it when you have favorable results that will help you recover in the future.
Free Case Review
She has been helping me. I started with just $900 and now am getting great profits like $6,500 upward. You get to withdraw yourself after 6-7days of trading, no extra commissions.
If you are really interested, You can contact her via: