Mike has spent his whole life in the Mid-Missouri area and lives with his wife, Caitlin, on a farm outside of Centralia, Missouri. His private practice, The Law Office of Mike Campbell, joined forces with Thomas Law Offices in 2020, and he now heads the firm’s Columbia, MO office. Mike focuses on representing individuals who have been seriously injured as well as their families. Outside of work, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife and by visiting a variety of local parks, towns, and scenic areas. Mike is an avid fan of the Missouri Tigers and the Kansas City Royals. Mike and his wife are passionate about animals and frequently adopt and foster cats.
In addition to his community involvement, Mike also volunteers his time assisting high school students in High School Mock Trial and the Missouri Ethics’ Bowl. He is also involved with the American Association of Justice, and the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, where he is a member of the State’s Board of Governors, is a regular contributor to “Trial” magazine, and frequently presents at continuing legal education seminars around the State.
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Board of Governors
- New Lawyers Committee: 2013/14, 2014/15
- New Lawyers Committee Co-Chair – 2015/16
- American Association of Justice
- AAJ PAC member
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Professional and Academic Recognition:
- Theodore “Ted” C. Beckett Prize in Pre-Trial Litigation, 2011
- Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) award in Pre-Trial Litigation, 2011
- Dean’s List, University of Missouri-Columbia Law School
- The Schiffman Prize in Ethics, 2006 & 2007
- Missouri Lawyer Weekly’s “Up and Coming” Honoree, 2016
Ongoing Legal Education:
- Participant in the The American Association for Justice’s Trial Advocacy College, Essentials of Civil Litigation, at Tulane Law School in New Orleans, LA. (2013).
- Participant in the American Association of Justice’s Deposition College in Rogers, AK (2016).
- Co-Presenter at the 2014 Missouri Association of Trial Attorney’s Annual Conference: “Social Media and Ethics.”
- Co-Presenter: Missouri Association of Trial Attorney’s “Cross-Examination: Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for the New Lawyer” in Columbia, Mo., 2015.
- Co-Presenter at the 2016 Missouri Association of Trial Attorney’s Annual Conference: “Ethics in Solicitations”
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
- Columbia College: Philosophy, Religious Studies, History, Political Science
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri