Mike has spent his whole life in the Mid-Missouri area and currently resides in Columbia. His private practice, The Law Office of Mike Campbell, joined forces with Thomas Law Offices in 2020, and he now heads the firm’s Missouri office. Mike represents individuals who are seriously injured by the negligence of others and his work has resulted in recovering tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his clients and their families. In the office, Mike focuses his practice on bad faith insurance litigation, medical negligence, and automobile negligence. For his work, Mike was selected as one of Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly’s “Up and Coming,” lawyers in the State of Missouri, was nominated by members of the community for “Best of Columbia – Lawyers” for COMO Magazine, and was selected a “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers® in 2021 and 2022, a designation limited to top-rated practicing attorneys who are selected through extensive evaluation.
Outside of work, Mike enjoys spending time visiting a variety of local parks, towns, and scenic areas. Mike is an avid fan of the Missouri Tigers and the Kansas City Royals. He is passionate about animals and frequently adopt and foster cats and dogs.
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Board of Governors
- Associate Editor, Trial Magazine
- Legislative Action Committee for Insurance
- Association Development Committee
- Keystone Contacts Committee
- American Association of Justice
- Executive Committee, Insurance Litigation and Bad Faith
- State Co-Captain, Political Action Development Committee
- Medical Negligence Committee
- Nursing Home Negligence Committee
- Public Affairs Committee
Professional and Academic Recognition:
- Theodore “Ted” C. Beckett Prize in Pre-Trial Litigation, 2011
- Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) award in Pre-Trial Litigation, 2011
- Dean’s List, University of Missouri-Columbia Law School
- The Schiffman Prize in Ethics, 2006 & 2007
- Missouri Lawyer Weekly’s “Up and Coming” Honoree, 2016
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2021, 2022.
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 under 40
- Volunteer Service Award, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2018
- Nominated for COMO Magazine’s “Best of Columbia” Lawyer, 2022
- Alumni Advisor, Columbia College Alumni Association’s Advisory Council
- Cornerstone Club Member
- Philanthropy Committee
- Past Executive member of Board of Directors, SMART (Students and Mentors Achieving Responsibility Together)
- Past Executive member of Board of Directors, Phoenix Programs
- Past Chair of Development Committee, Missouri Symphony Society (MOSY)
- Past Noble Grand, International Order of Odd Fellows Lodge 207
Ongoing Legal Education:
- Participant in the American Association for Justice’s Trial Advocacy College, Essentials of Civil Litigation, at Tulane Law School in New Orleans, LA. (2013).
- Participant in the American Association for Justice’s Deposition College in Rogers, AK (2016).
- Co-Presenter at the 2014 Missouri Association of Trial Attorney’s Annual Conference: “Social Media and Ethics.”
- Co-Presenter: Missouri Association of Trial Attorney’s “Cross-Examination: Tips, Tricks, and Strategies for the New Lawyer” in Columbia, Mo., 2015.
- Presenter at 2021 American Association for Justice’s Winter Convention Marketing Seminar, “Tell Your Firm’s Story.”
- Faculty, American Association for Justice Depositions College, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
- Columbia College: Philosophy & Religious Studies, Magna Cum Laude
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Gavl Video, LLC (2019 – Current)
Gavl Video creates premium quality videography for the legal industry. The legal industry is one of the most competitive when it comes to online marketing. In this space, everyone tries to be different and gain a competitive advantage. Gavl Video provides attorneys an ability to gain that advantage.
Lawyer Minds, LLC (2020 – Current)
Lawyer Minds is an ecosystem of lawyers helping lawyers by providing helpful content through articles, interviews, and podcasts.