After more than 15 years serving clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Lou Schneider joined Thomas Law Offices in June 2018. He brings knowledge and experience from his years as a partner in a mid-sized Cincinnati law firm and owner and operator of the Schneider Law Firm to the Thomas team.
From families facing foreclosure to multinational corporations involved in million-dollar contract disputes, Lou excels in helping his clients realize their goals in both business and personal litigation matters. He has tried many cases to favorable verdicts for his clients.
“I believe in getting to the main issue and outlining the paths to a resolution as quickly as possible with the best possible result for my clients,” Lou explains. “My clients need a strong advocate that will not back down, and I am definitely that guy.”
Demonstrated success in legal issues include:
- injuries and wrongful death
- employment issues, especially trade secret disputes and covenants not to compete
- residential and commercial construction
- insurance contracts, including property and casualty policies and long-term disability policies
- real estate and mortgage issues
In addition to litigating cases, Lou has provided counsel to numerous start-up companies. Because he has owned his own startup, Lou understands the legal needs of a new business while being mindful of the limited resources a new company has available.
- J.D. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 2003
- B.S. in Business-Economics, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 1998
- B.A. in Spanish, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 1998
- State of Ohio, 2003
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2004
- State of Indiana, 2005
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2003
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, 2004
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2004
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- United States Supreme Court, 2013
Professional Honors and Awards
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers – 2012 Graduate
- Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2009 – 2016