Thomas Law Offices is proud to publish Volume 12, Edition 2 of Living Safer Magazine. The goal of this issue is to promote security and wellbeing through safety information. With the articles, readers can learn about potentially hazardous products and conditions to keep themselves and their families safe, as well as learn some new ways to stay productive and healthy during and after quarantine.
This issue focuses on business interruption insurance and what you need to know about policies and claims. When a business owner purchases insurance, they do so in an attempt to have the means to recover from a catastrophic event that causes damage to their business. For example, business interruption insurance is useful in the event of a fire or weather-related event.
With many businesses currently dealing with unprecedented losses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many are looking to recover as quickly as possible. Some options include federal government loans, private loans, equity infusions, adapting business models, and seeking recovery of insurance proceeds through existing coverage.
In regard to business interruption insurance, some business owners are discovering the language of their insurance policy does not allow for recovery as a result of a virus or outbreak. Because of this businesses are at a loss when it comes to their next steps. The magazine stresses the importance of understanding insurance policies and seeking legal representation if necessary.
In addition to business interruption insurance information, you’ll find the following content and articles in this edition of Living Safer Magazine:
- Hobbies Can Be a Great Escape
- Stay at Home Orders: Hazardous to Your Mental Health?
- Tips to Working Out at Home
- Prioritizing Self Care at Home
- Five Ways to Support Local Businesses
- Benefits of a Gratitude Journal
- Tips to Saving Money Every Month
- How to Stop Procrastinating
- Traveling on a Budget in a Post-Coronavirus World
- Unplugging from the Digital World: Apps and Tools That Help Monitor Social Media Use
- Remote Working From Home
- Twenty-Five of the Best Low-Carb Snacks to Keep You Full and Energized
- Small Ways to Take Off the Pounds
- Guilt-Free Snacks to Help Lose and Control Your Weight
- Healthiest Fats
- How Nutrition Affects Teen Mental Health
- Good Family Habits that are Worth Keeping Post-Quarantine
- 10 Popular Road Trips in the U.S.
- How to Help a Toddler Sleep in Their Bed and Simultaneously Save Your Sanity
- How Childhood Gymnastics Can Help Your Child
- Boosting Your Home’s Value Without Breaking the Bank
- 10 Tips for a Healthy Summer
- Best Indoor Plants for a Healthier Home
- Dos and Don’ts of Wearing a Face Mask
To learn about business interruption insurance, business recovery during the COVID-19 pandemic, or any of the articles mentioned above, click here to read the latest edition of Living Safer Magazine.