Responsibility and accountability are core priciples upon which our legal system was established. This country’s founders had the foresight to realize that a democracy needs a court system that empowers individuals to protect themselves by holding the powerful to account. That’s why the Constitution guarantees every person the right to a trial by jury.
The founders feared unaccountable power in the form of the King of England against his “subjects.” While 21st Century America may not have a king, it does have billion dollar corporations with influence over certain elected officials. These corporations now seek the kind of unaccountable power our founders sought to protect against, and they’re seeking that power by destroying your constitutional right to a trial by jury.
Politicians who are influenced by large corporations and insurance companies have devised a plan specifically aimed at destroying individual citizens’ right to hold those in power accountable for their misdeeds. They plan to enact laws that will essentially destroy your right to use the judicial system to protect yourself. They have introduced legislation which, if passed, will enact arbitrary changes to courts all across the country, including:
• Limiting compensation for injuries caused by medical professionals, including doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and medical device manufacturers, to $250,000.00, regardless of how much that injury devastated your life or the extent of malfeasance by the medical professional or company.
• Eliminating class-action law suits, which would essentially destroy the ability to bring the kinds of cases that keep us safe
• Eliminate individual states’ laws regarding lawsuits and forcing all cases to Federal Court
• Allowing insurance companies to make “payments” rather than paying full compensation.
We must tell our government to put people first and to stop trampling on our rights. Thomas Law Offices has been protecting citizens of Kentucky by demanding that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of gender, race, or economic status. Please join us in demanding that Congress do the same. We must band together and contact our representatives to demand that they say NO to these attacks on our rights. Go to each link below and tell them NO!
• Protect Your Right to Fight: www.takejusticeback.com/ProtectMyRightToFight
• Class Actions: http://www.takejusticeback.com/StopHR985
• Medical Malpractice: http://www.takejusticeback.com/ProtectPatients