With temperatures falling and crisp air blowing in, it can only mean one thing—the holiday season is well on its way. With so much to do, see, and eat here in beautiful Louisville, Thomas Law Offices wants to make sure you don’t miss some of the best holiday festivities our city has to offer.
We hope you’ll find our Ultimate Guide to Holiday Fun in Louisville – 2022 Edition to be a helpful addition to your holiday planning!
The Most Festive Events in Louisville, KY
There’s never a dull moment in Louisville, and the 2022 holiday season is certainly no exception. Our little area of north-central Kentucky has much to offer, including our top favorite festive activities for the year.
- Country Christmas at Blackacre. Hosted at the Blackacre State Nature Preserve & Historic Homestead, this family-friendly event is sure to be memorable. On Dec. 3 from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m., you can take part in a nature craft, story time, or dancing group, go on a hayride, or have your picture taken with the one and only Santa Claus! Donations collected during the event will go to education, preservation, and conservation programs.
- Old Louisville Holiday Home Tour. This is your chance to take a rare tour of Victorian mansions and townhouses in historic Louisville. The homes will be adorned with festive decorations that are sure to inspire awe and feelings of joy in all who visit. The Old Louisville Neighborhood Council is hosting the guided tours from Dec. 3 – Dec. 4. Tickets are required, and admission for kids 12 and under is free.
- Bow Wow Meow Boutique. Part holiday experience, part shopping opportunity, this fundraiser for Animal Care Society (Louisville’s first no-kill shelter) is the perfect festive event for animal lovers. Spend time with friends and loved ones, bid on themed baskets, and do your part to give back during the most wonderful time of the year. The Bow Wow Meow Boutique will be hosted from Dec. 2 – Dec. 3.
- Christmas Gift & Décor Show. Presented by Stewart Promotions, the Christmas Gift & Décor Show in Louisville, KY is the largest, free-admission Christmas show in all of the U.S. Held over three days from Dec. 9 – Dec. 11, this show is a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Visit and take pictures with Santa Claus, take in the festive decorations, and visit more than 650 exhibitor booths.
- Wizard’s Christmas Dinner & Marketplace. A fully immersive experience, the 2022 Wizard’s Christmas Dinner & Marketplace is hosted by Louisville’s World of Wizarding. Perfect for the magic fan in your life, experiences take place from Dec. 16 – Dec. 21.
Holiday Gifts From the Best Local Stores in Louisville
Tired of limiting yourself to items that will arrive in a two-day delivery period? Louisville is home to a wide range of unique, local stores that are certain to have the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
- Revelry Boutique Gallery. A curated boutique showcasing more than 100 local and regional artists, Revelry Boutique Gallery carries beautiful, one-of-a-kind gifts you won’t find anywhere else. Whether you’re on the hunt for jewelry, art, apparel, home décor, or more, shopping at Revelry is a great way to support the local art scene.
- Kathy’s Shoppe. Offering unique gifts, fun apparel, and free delivery in the Louisville area, Kathy’s Shoppe is a can’t-miss local treasure. You can even set up a special shopping time for you and your friends to peruse the store.
- Two Chicks and Co. For local gifts with an upscale feel, Two Chicks and Co. has what you’re looking for. Shopping for designer-inspired jewelry, luxury items, and Kentucky-themed gifts? Then this store should be your first stop.
- Bath Wonderland. This lovely local shop uses all-natural ingredients to craft skin products that support healthy, soft skin. Started by a 7-year-old girl and her mother seeking solutions for eczema, Bath Wonderland offers body butters, scrubs, face lotions, and so much more.
- Art Eatables. Promising to bring you the best chocolate and Bourbon in the area, Art Eatables is the store you won’t want to miss when shopping for the chocaholic in your life. Art Eatables also offers a range of bourbon-infused food that you won’t want to miss out on.
- Just Creations. Want a truly unique gift that you know has been fairly sourced? Just Creations is Louisville’s first international fair trade market, offering unique items from more than 45 different countries.
- Norton Commons. Norton Commons, located in Prospect, KY, is a neighborhood with a charming, walkable town center full of over 90 businesses of every variety including restaurants and bars and retail stores like Liz and Roo, Something Blue, and The Bodhi Tree. Exploring Norton Commons on foot is more than a shopping trip, it’s an experience.
Louisville Restaurants To Visit This Holiday Season
Looking for a place to enjoy a great holiday meal? Or to simply sit and relax with a few close friends or family? Louisville’s rich, multi-cultural history means that our little corner of Kentucky is home to a wide range of restaurants.
- The Charcoal Restaurant. Serving Mediterranean fare with a special focus on charcoal chicken, The Charcoal Restaurant offers yummy food in a cozy environment. You won’t want to miss their whole roasted chicken, perfectly steamed basmati rice, or fresh tandoori bread.
- Fork & Barrel. Promising southern hospitality and elevated childhood favorites, we’re sure that Fork & Barrel will please even your pickiest of relatives.
- Morning Fork. Offering brunch to the Louisville area, Morning Fork is the sister restaurant of Fork & Barrel and has both indoor and outdoor seating, curbside, and carryout options. Looking for a place to host your holiday special event? They’ve got you covered.
- Jack Fry’s. Jack Fry’s has a history that stretches all the way back to 1933. You can enjoy American fare with a southern twist, live jazz music, and an intimate environment you won’t find anywhere else in Louisville.
- The Black Italian. Pairing soul food and Italian cuisine, The Black Italian offers a unique twist on some of your old favorites. As a small family restaurant, their hours change from time to time, so it’s best to give the restaurant a call before you go.
- Brendon’s Catch 23. Looking for an upscale restaurant to host a festive gathering or an intimate date night? Look no further than Brendon’s Catch 23. This sophisticated dining menu offers a range of seafood, steak, and shellfish.
- Porcini. Specializing in fine Northern Italian cuisine, Porcini is an award-wining restaurant with an intimate Tucson-style atmosphere.
- The Café. Serving up every dish with southern hospitality, The Café is located in a 160-year-old building with a unique vibe all its own. For a warm meal accompanied by local charm, you can’t go wrong with this local institution.
We Wish You the Most Joyous Holiday Season
Louisville is truly our favorite place to be during the winter months and holiday season. We know there is something special about this city, and we hope that you will be able to partake in some of its magic this year.
From everyone at Thomas Law Offices, we wish you and your family a safe, merry, and joyous holiday season.