The frosty air is a telltale sign that the holiday season is upon us. Though the holidays are a festive time to celebrate with those closest to you, it also presents unique dangers at home as the temperature outside drops. The following tips can help you prevent fires while at home this winter.
- If buying an artificial Christmas tree, make sure the label says “fire resistant”. If you will be putting gifts under a real tree, however, making sure the tree stays fresh, which will make it less of a fire hazard.
- Never use candles on or near trees, and make sure the tree is not placed next to any heating source, such as a fireplace.
- Avoid buying decorations that are sharp, flammable, leaded, or that a child may be tempted to eat or swallow.
- If adorning your home with candles, keep them in stable holders where they cannot be knocked over, and do not leave children unattended with lighted candles.
- Purchase lights that have been tested by an independent lab (which will be stated on the label) and check that extension cords and lights are in good condition with no fraying or bare wires.
- While preparing a holiday feast, keep flammable objects (such as oven mitts) away from the stove or open flames. Also, wear close-fitting clothing that won’t drape over the flame or burners.
- Don’t leave ovens or stoves unattended for any period of time.
- Place space heaters at least 3 feet away from anything that can catch fire, such as furniture or clothing. Also, make sure to turn them off when you go to sleep or leave a room.
- If heating your home with a fireplace, don’t use flammable liquids, wrapping paper, cardboard, or evergreen trimmings in the fireplace which can cause flames or sparks.
- Use a fireplace screen to prevent sparks and embers from entering a room.
Fire prevention, particularly during the holiday season, is very important. However, fires may still be caused if another person acts in a negligent manner and doesn’t follow proper safety precautions. If you have suffered due to burn injuries caused by negligence, you may have legal options.
Free Case Review
WhatsApp +1 (786) 629‑5464
She has been helping me. I started with just $900 and now am getting great profits like $6,500 upward. You get to withdraw yourself after 6-7days of trading, no extra commissions.
If you are really interested, You can contact her via: